Who is Sohi for?
People who are 16 years old or over.
What is Sohi for?
Sohi is a website that helps you find people and ask to talk to them. You can use Sohi for many purposes: to find business leads, to talk about a hobby, to learn from an expert, for advice about schools, and more.
Can my company register a profile on Sohi?
Yes. Top tips:
- Remove the ‘age, gender, etc…’ fields from your buzzwords as these will not be relevant for you.
- People like to talk to people, so make sure you put a face to the company in your video.
Can I have two profiles?
Yes. But you need to create them from unique email addresses. Some of our users will be happy to share lots of different things they wish to talk about in one video and with one set of buzzwords, but others might find it useful to have two separate profiles.
I’ve asked to talk to someone and they haven’t replied. What should I do?
Some of our Sohi users get a lot of requests. If you don’t get a reply then they might be busy, or they might not be able to talk with you and it’s important that you respect that. You can try asking someone else.
Make sure you write a clear explanation of what you want to talk about, and tell them which of their buzzwords interests you.
How do I make my video?
- Record your video on www.sohiworld.com by using our built-in filming technology (video tips here )
- Upload your own video that you’ve already made (video tips here )
- Come to a Sohi event/ host a Sohi event and record your video there. Click here to find out more.
- Get your video professionally made. We’d be happy to put you in touch with Sohi film makers who can come to you to make your Sohi video. Click here to find out more.
How can I filter my search?
Search by multiple buzzwords to filter your search. For advanced searches you can include: country, language, gender, age bracket (16-25, 26-35, 36-45, 46-55, 56-65, 66-75, 76-85…).
What if I get too many requests?
Let us know at email@example.com, we can help with our Sohi managed service offering.
Are there ‘code buzzwords’ on Sohi.
Yes, we’ve got trending buzzwords on Sohi…
- employme. If you’d specifically like to find employment through sohi.
- mentor. If you’d be happy to mentor someone who is interested in your field/ profession.
- language. If you’d like to help people with their language learning, whether professionally or just for conversation practice.
- dating. Sohi isn’t designed as a romance/ dating site, but we aren’t against romance/ dating. If you would like to receive dating requests please add the buzzword ‘dating’. If someone doesn’t have that buzzword, please respect that the user isn’t using Sohi for dating. We will monitor the site to spot users who are not respectful of this.
What behaviour is not acceptable on Sohi?
Make sure your content on Sohi is lawful, truthful and yours (not copyrighted). And make sure it isn’t sexually explicit, discriminatory, offensive or invasive of someone else’s privacy.
Why? Because we are a peaceful platform facilitating introductions for conversation.
Please read our Acceptable Use policy for full details.
Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with behaviour on Sohi.
Why is Sohi all in English?
Sohi is meant to connect you to the world but it’s only in English! We are just in our early days and hope to change that and expand to other languages in the future.
What should I do if I find content which is inappropriate or offensive?
Let us know at email@example.com. We are keeping an eye on the activity on the site but we can’t see everything. If you see something you think is unacceptable, or is something we should know about please let us know.
What should I do if another user is inappropriate or offensive when I talk to them?
Always end a conversation quickly if you feel it is inappropriate or offensive. You can let us know what has happen at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to support you so get in touch if you have a bad experience and we can discuss this.
How do I know if someone is qualified to give me advice?
As Sohi is an open community of users we can’t make any guarantees regarding any advice given by our users. If you wish to rely on advice given by a Sohi profile owner please do ask them for evidence of their credentials or qualifications and do whatever further checking or research you feel is necessary.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details.
How do you manage my privacy?
We collect as little information as we need to make Sohi great! We make your buzzwords and video public and we let you choose what you share in those. Please don’t share anything in your buzzwords and video that you wouldn’t want the whole world to know. We especially advise not sharing your date of birth, full address, or any financial information.
Please see our Data Protection Policy for full details.
I’d love to give you feedback on your site.
Thanks. We’d love that. Please email us at email@example.com.